Thursday, July 11, 2013

Day 4 7/10 - Road Trip: Hot Springs to Branson

Headed out to Branson, leg two of this trip. Of course we got a late start. Still trying to get the hang of this moving the house every so often. Sort of reminds me of my younger days of packing up the van and moving every three months. Seems it always is a last minute dash to get it pulled together.

We were thinking of taking a scenic highway 7 from north to Branson but the co-pilot suggested it might be a bit too windy. So, we googled it and found it was not recommended for RV newbies so decided to skirt Little Rock instead. I-30 to I-40 to 65 to Branson. We did hit a bit of rain on the way but I guess we needed a good wash anyway. It was nice driving though some real trees and hills for a change, Not all things in Texas are larger...

Made a stretch the legs stop in Harrison. Made one of those oh-oh turns. The ones where once your there you say something to yourself like why the heck did I do that.. But a bit of backing up and we were on our way.

Pulled into the site about 6:30, at least it was not dark like last time...

No comments: